The School Board, the Administration and the Faculty urge families to follow these guidelines in dealing with concerns.
Issues Regarding Academics and Classroom Life:
1. Call or e-mail to make an appointment with the teacher to discuss the concern.
2. If the concern is not resolved, request a meeting with the teacher and the principal or a member of the administrative team (Mrs. Polega or Ms. Rodde).
Issues Regarding School Sports Teams:
1. Call or e-mail to discuss the issue with the coach of the particular sports team.
2. If the issue is not resolved, request a meeting with the coach and the Athletic Director (Mr. Dan Kane).
3. If the issue is still not resolved, request a meeting with the coach, the Athletic Director and the principal.
Issues Regarding Extracurricular Activities not including Sports:
1. Call or e-mail to make an appointment with the faculty advisor to the extracurricular activity to discuss the concern.
2. If the issue is not resolved, request a meeting with the principal or a member of the administrative team.
Role of the School Board:
The Ascension School Handbook defines the role of the School Board as follows:
“The Ascension School Board acts in an advisory role to the pastor and principal. The Board develops, proposes, and adopts policies that govern the operation of the school. The Board collaborates with the pastor in hiring and evaluating the principal, preparation of the budget, determining sources of funds for the school, promotion of the school, and as a method of communication with parishioners and school parents through working closely with the pastor and the principal.”
The School Board welcomes and encourages school parents to attend the monthly School Board meetings, and is grateful for the questions and opinions expressed during Public Comment. However, it is important to remember that concerns are best addressed when brought up immediately to the responsible person closest to the situation.